Existing Radon Mitigation System Inspection and Upgrade in Central Iowa
Is your Iowa radon mitigation system over 5 years old? If so, Iowa Radon Defense recommends having your system inspected to ensure you are protected from radon exposure.
We also recommend having your mitigation system inspected if you are planning on selling your home soon. An inspection will ensure your system meets code requirements and will help you avoid any contingencies on the sale of your home.
Iowa Radon Defense is a trusted member of the nationally recognized National Radon Defense network. Our team has the training and experience to help reduce or eliminate the radon levels in Central Iowa homes.
To schedule a radon mitigation system inspection, call 1-888-488-2780 or reach out online today! We also offer annual maintenance packages to ensure your system stays in optimal condition. Iowa Radon Defense is proud to serve Iowa, including Des Moines, Ankeny, Ames.
Why have your existing radon system inspected?
- Homes settle and change
- Radon entry points can change and grow over time
- Radon fans wear out (typical life is 7 to 8 years).
- Radon fan manufacturer’s warranties expire after 5 years (for all major radon fan manufacturers).
- Radon fan motors will corrode inside the fan housing and become less effective and louder over time.
- EPA recommends that all radon systems be tested every 2 years to ensure their effectiveness
- Your radon mitigation system may not be working effectively
- Radon is a serious health issue and is the leading cause of lung cancer for non-smokers
- Your home at one point had high radon levels due to the soil under your house
Our radon mitigation system inspection includes:
- Diagnostic analysis is performed to ensure the correct gauge of radon fan is installed
- Foundation inspected for additional radon entry points
- Radon pipe inspected for leaks
- Measure relative humidity
- Radon pipes inspected and secured tightly to supports
- System inspected for local and national health department, mechanical, electrical, fire, building, plumbing, and energy code compliance
- Noise level analyzed
- Radon test performed
Your system upgrade options:
- New Premium Radon Fan installed and warrantied for 5 years (with optional 10-year warranty)
- Diagnostic analysis is performed to ensure the correct gauge of fan is installed
- Sealing of any additional radon entry points
- Noise reduction solutions
- Aesthetic options to improve the look of the system
- Code compliance adjustments
- Indoor Air Quality improvements
- Radon test after improvements
Additional charges may apply for some repairs (all charges approved by the customer before action).
Contact us today for more information about your options for radon testing and radon mitigation in West Des Moines, Waterloo, Waukee, Johnston, Altoona, Indianola, Clive.